Monday, February 7, 2011

Good Javascript References

I have been learning Javascript as quickly as I can, focusing in particular on best practices and adaptations for .NET development including AJAX via WebMethods.  I have found these three O'Reilly books to be particularly helpful:

  • JavaScript: The Good Parts by Douglas Crockford – great introduction to the most critical core functionality of JavaScript along with tips on what to adopt and what to avoid.
  • JavaScript Patterns by Stoyan Stefanov – design patterns for JavaScript.  The "Gang of Four" Design Patterns book was paramount to making me a better C# developer and I'm hoping that this book will have the same impact on my JavaScript.
  • JQuery Cookbook by Cody Lindley – a perfect complement to the other two books, giving me real-world solutions to many common scenarios while simultaneously bringing me some familiarity with the jQuery library.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment